Outdoor Movies Tutorial: Maximize PR at Your Next Event
are a great way to bring your community together, and an Open Air Cinema outdoor movie system makes the entire process easy and efficient. An OAC outdoor movie system comes with everything you need to start your movie in the park series: a giant inflatable movie screen, a powerful outdoor speaker system, a Cinebox audio visual console (that allows you to hook-up virtually any audio-visual device), and a super bright video projector. An Open Air Cinema outdoor theater system makes the setup and production of your event a cakewalk, so all you have to worry about is getting people to show up. In this post, we'll talk about a few ways you can boost the numbers at your next outdoor movie event. Contact us today at 866-802-8202
to order your Open Air Cinema outdoor movie system, or fill out our online contact form.
If you prefer shopping online, check out our online store
where you can purchase any Open Air Cinema outdoor movie product.
Increase Attendance at Your Outdoor Movies
There are a handful of ways to increase attendance at your outdoor movies
events. Here are a couple steps, that if taken, should boost the numbers at your next outdoor movie event or movies in the park series:
- Snowball your event so that it can grow every year. As you continue to hold events on a regular basis, your events will snowball and grow. Consistency is the key. If you hold your events on a predictable schedule, such as on the same day of the week, and at the same time of the year, you'll be guaranteed to grow your events year after year. When you hold your event at the same time, your community members will know when to show up, and they won't even have to be reminded of the event.
- Use city mailers. A city mailer is one of the best ways to spread the word about your movie in the park series. If you are putting on your event as your city parks and rec department or if you have the support of your city, having access to the city mailer is a golden tool. Often times a city mailer goes out with the utility bill or other official correspondence. Latching on to this mailer means that every household in your community will get the word about your event, and this is a great way to get people there.
- Inflate smaller OAC screens as temporary billboards. If you have a smaller Open Air Cinema outdoor movie screen in your equipment lineup, inflate it on the side of a major highway at night, with a video projection advertising your upcoming event. Or attach a temporary sign to the screen (contact us to find out the best way to do this) and use it as a billboard during the daytime. When you use a smaller OAC screen as a billboard, you're getting a portable billboard (which is priceless), in addition to advertising the medium of your event, an inflatable movie screen!
- Use local businesses and restaurants as a way to promote your event. Local businesses often have priceless networks and ways to reach their customers through email lists and day to day contact. Encourage them to advertise your event, and trade for sponsorships if you think they have a big enough network. You could even let them set up a booth at your event if it seems worthwhile. Tapping into these networks will pay off big-time.
- Get in local magazines, newspapers, and TV shows. Local is the key when advertising your outdoor movie event. When you advertise through local media outlets, you know that you are reaching your target audience directly. Outdoor movies are a great local activity, and if you are a nonprofit or city, local media will often advertise your event for free as a media sponsor. You can thank them by placing their logo on your posters, website, and by having a presence at your event.
Enhance Your Organization's Image Through Outdoor Movies
Documenting your outdoor movies
through photography and videography is a great way to enhance the image of your city or organization. Outdoor movie images are inherently community driven, and they are great front page material for newspapers and blogs. So make sure to hire a photographer or find someone who can document your event in a larger-than-life way. This will pay off big time when you land the front page of your local media. This will result in greater attendance at your next event, and will boost the image of your organization, as everyone will know the great things you are doing.
Contact Open Air Cinema today at 866-802-8202
to order your outdoor movie system and to begin outdoor movies in your community.