Outdoor movie events have taken Portland, Oregon by storm. Each summer, outdoor movies are shown in parks and other outdoor areas in and around Portland. With our handy guide to free outdoor movies, drag the kids to five showings of Bee Movie
. If they still like it, pray they get stung. Who needs fireworks when you can relive the drive-in days with nary a penny spent?
Flicks on the Bricks Outdoor Movie Series Presented by SmartPark
Pioneer Courthouse Square was happy to host another season of outdoor movies this past summer at the Flicks on the Bricks Outdoor Movie Series! The series began on July 25th at dusk and continued every Friday until August 15th. Schedule for next summer will be released closer to the date. For an idea of what movies are shown, here is this summer's list:
July 25th The Goonies
August 1st The Birdcage
August 8th Ghost Busters
August 15th National Lampoon's Vacation
Multnomah Outdoor Cinema
Organizers for the Multnomah Outdoor Cinema series announced the confirmed schedule for this summer's family-friendly neighborhood event.
The movies, which will begin at dusk, will be free and open to the public. The large screen will be set up on the covered basketball courts at the Multnomah Arts Center; gates will open at 8 p.m.
As arranged through the Portland Parks and Recreation Department, the MOC season will play the following movies.
вЂў Men in Black (1997). Featuring Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones.
вЂў Ferris Bueller's Day Off (1986). Featuring Matthew Broderick.
вЂўThe Princess Bride (1987). Featuring Carry Elwes and Robin Wright Penn.
вЂў School of Rock (2003). Featuring Jack Black. (Possible pre-movie youth band performance.)
For the last two summers, the Multnomah Neighborhood Association has presented the Multnomah Outdoor Cinema on Friday nights in the Village.
On June 6, Jessica Wade, organizer for the MOC and secretary for the Multnomah Neighborhood Association, met with Michael Walsh, newly appointed executive director at the Multnomah Arts Center, staff member Aime Kelly, and Jeff Milkes and Juliet Hicks from Portland Parks and Recreation.
As a result of this meeting, the Multnomah Outdoor Cinema will now be supported by Portland Parks and Recreation's Big Screen on the Green: Movies in the Park program.
For a city-wide schedule, visit: http://www.portlandonline.com/ONI/index.cfm?a=197469&c=29385.
For more information on the MOC, visit www.multnomahoutdoorcinema.org
Flicks by the Fountain
Flicks by the Fountain is an outdoor movie series that is held in Beaverton City Park (across the street from the Beaverton City Library).
Every August movies are shown at Beaverton City Park (located across the street from the Beaverton City Library) on an inflatable movie screen that measures approximately 50 wide by 30 feet tall. This movie series is becoming quite popular, and attendance has reached as much as 1,500 people for one event! This is a free event for the community, with plenty of parking and plenty of seating (Hall Blvd. is closed for this event and the movie is still easy to see and hear from in front of the Library).
Additional information regarding the Flicks by the Fountain events to help you plan better for your evening out:
* The fountain at Beaverton City Park will be turned off ALL DAY on the days of the movies
* Pre-movie entertainment will begin at 8 p.m.
* Movies will begin at dusk (depending on the date and the cloud cover, dusk ranges from about 8:10 p.m. to 8:40 p.m.).
* Food and drink will be for sale at the events.
* You may bring your own food and beverages from home.
* The event is free.
* Please leave your pets at home.
* Please leave your alcohol at home.
* Please no smoking allowed.
* Low back chairs and blankets are recommended (elevated chairs and high back chairs will be allowed, but people with these items will be asked to locate in designated areas).
* Convenient parking is located next to the Library and in the parking lot where the Farmers Market is held.
* Convenient restroom facilities are located in the park.
* Weather Conditions: Please note that the event will be cancelled if there is rain or lightning.
Thank you for your interest in this event. If you have any questions regarding Flicks by the Fountain, please call (503) 526-3706.
Read full article at: http://www.wweek.com/wwire/?p=12406