We are starting a new series of posts on the OAC blog, directed at helping outdoor movie enthusiasts discover new ways to enjoy their inflatable movie screen! One thing we are excited to discuss is the many places you can set up your portable movie screen. It is always enjoyable to watch a backyard cinema movie with your Open Air Cinema Screen, but a little adventure can add a lot to your outdoor movie experience!
Open Air Cinema has many customers around the world who use their inflatable screen and outdoor projector on the beach. We've found that those who do so often prefer our Pro or Elite screens, as they are extra durable and can handle the sand and dirt. But if you're looking for a special place to hold your family or company party, and want to use your Open Air Cinema Home Screen, it will hold up great. If you live in Los Angeles, San Diego, Portland, Virginia Beach, Florida, Texas, or anywhere with a beach, setting up your outdoor movie screen near your favorite surfing spot will be a total blast!
Producing an outdoor movie on the beach can be highly rewarding, as it is a great environment to relax and enjoy the pleasures of outdoor movies under the stars. The cool evening breeze and soft sand will make for a comfortable experience for you and your guests. And the slope of most beaches provides a natural stadium style seating that will enable everyone to have a great view! Here are a few reminders for what to bring or remember for your Beach Side Outdoor Movie!
- Make sure to identify your power source ahead of time.В You may need to bring a generator to power your fan, outdoor projector, and outdoor speakers.
- Bring extra extension cords if you're plugging in from your beach house or public power supply.
- Blankets and wicker mats will keep the sand off your guests, and will provide comfortable seating.В Beach chairs work well too, especially if your audience is older.
- Choose a movie that reflects the environment (it will make the evening extra-special): Jaws, The beach, The Little Mermaid, Finding Nemo, etc.
- Depending on the season and your location, provide treats that will add to the ambiance: sno-cones, Popsicles or ice-cream, barbecue and lemonade!
- Consider building a fire after the screening of the film.В Make sure to provide enough distance between the fire and the screen! Don't forget the firewood.
If anyone has produced a outdoor cinema beach event, post your story to the comments section below! We'd love to hear how it went.
Also, if you are interested in acquiring an outdoor movie system, contact us today, and we'll help you find a system that will meet your needs and budget!