Contact Open Air Cinema at 866-802-8202
to order your outdoor theater system today. You can purchase any OAC outdoor cinema system in our online store by clicking here,
or you can contact us by filling out our online contact form.
В We look forward to helping you find the outdoor theater system that will meet your budget and needs, so you can get on your way to producing your own movie in the park series.
Movies in the park are becoming a popular activity across the world, and as you are planning your next movie in the park film series, here are a few steps of things to consider that will get you on your way to a successful outdoor movie event. There are of course many more things to consider depending on your circumstance, but these are some basic starting points that will get you going.
1. Choose your venue. This may seem obvious, but choosing a venue is a very important part of the outdoor movie event planning process. Keep a few things in mind when selecting where you'll hold your outdoor movie event. Make sure there is plenty of parking and that your location is easy to access and find. Make sure there aren't too many bright lights as this will drown out the video projector light and make your image look dull. Is there a loud road or other noise creating feature nearby? Make sure your venue is quiet enough that you'll have good audio and that your guests won't get distracted. On the other hand, if you host your event in an area where there are lots of homes, you'll need to watch the volume of your movie, so you can't have too quiet of a place either.В City parks often make ideal event locations as they fulfill all of these requirements, and are well known by community members.
2. Select your film. The film that you select will have a big impact on the success of your event.В You want a film that is attractive to your audience, and that speaks to them and that will make them turn out in droves! For many communities, a family friendly film such as Madagascar or The Sandlot will do, as these films are humorous enough that the adults won't be too bored, but the kids will be thrilled to see one of their favorite movies on the big screen. However, we've seen some very successful outdoor movie events that feature arthouse and independent films, so you don't always have to go the blockbuster route to draw a crowd.В No matter what though, make sure you get licensing for your film.В If you don't get permission to screen the film, you are breaking the law and could face stiff fines and could get your organization in a lot of trouble.
3. Promote your event. Promoting your movie in the park series in the right way will make all the difference in the world for your turnout.В Social networking sites like facebook and twitter are powerful ways to get a message out about an event, but don't forget about the power of hard copy fliers and word of mouth publicity.В You know your community best, and getting the word out among them is an important way to make sure everyone knows that the coolest activity in town is your outdoor movie screening.
4. Prepare for the big night. Now that you've selected your venue and movie and have everyone lined up to come, you'll need to actually produce the event. Open Air Cinema's Cinebox outdoor movie systems make this step a breeze.В With an outdoor movie system from Open Air Cinema you'll have everything you need to create a successful event - an inflatable movie screen, an outdoor video projector and powerful outdoor sound system, stakes, blowers, and everything else. You'll need to identify your power source and make sure the sprinklers are turned off.В Sometimes you'll even need a public gathering permit depending on the anticipated outcome of your event, and where you are hosting it.В Make sure to talk with your city to ensure that you are doing everything legally and in the right way.
5. Follow up. Make sure to follow up with your guests after the big night, or after your outdoor film series.В Gather email addresses and encourage people in attendance to join your facebook and twitter pages. Ask your guests to check in to Foursquare while they are at the event.В All of these things will allow you to continue to connect with your audience so that you can reach the goals of your night (whether that is soliciting donations for your cause, or connecting with your community in new ways).В When you do all of these things, your next outdoor movie event or film series will be bigger than ever.
Again, there are other things to consider when producing an outdoor movie series, but these steps will get you on the right track.В Contact us today at 866-802-8202
to order your outdoor movie system.В We look forward to placing your order today!