MLB Opening Day Outdoor Screening
Sat, March 22nd, 2014 В 6:00PM (EST) В В В Los Angeles Dodgers v.s. Arizona Diamondbacks
For some of you out there, spring conjures up an awakening of more than just flowers and sunshine; it's the beginning of baseball season. And, while the temperatures haven't quite risen, don't let that deter you from kicking off one of America's most beloved seasons, this weekend, outside with your friends. Most likely, you won't be making that 19-hour flight to Oz for Opening Day, so plan for the next best thing. Host an outdoor screening of the big game and all the games to follow.
MLB Outdoor Screening Options
The first thing to consider is where you will be hosting your outdoor screening, and how many guests will be in attendance. В Consider Open Air Cinema's CineBox Home 9x5 System, В perfect for an outdoor screening of up 30 guests, and suitable for any backyard situation. And, since baseball season is one of the longest ( and most enjoyable), you'll have at least 162 opportunities to host your outdoor screening (unless, you aren't devoted to one team, in which case, you have more).
MLB Outdoor Screening Menu
Baseball is America's pastime, but it is also a beloved sport in Australia. Which is suiting, because that's where the Los Angeles Dodgers will be playing the Arizona Diamondbacks, Sat. March 22, 2014 В 6:00PM (EST)
Anyone who has not lived under a rock knows that hotdogs are the ballpark food. In Australia (far from under a rock, but certainly down under), it's all about meat pies and wedges . To kick off your Opening Day outdoor screening, embrace the spirit of Sydney with the recipes below. As far as beverages go, it's simple: grab an ice bucket and your favorite beer, and your MLB outdoor screening is half-way there. Cheers!
MLB Outdoor Screening Recipes:
Aussie Meat Pie Recipe
1 lb lean ground beef
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 cup water, divided
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/4 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 pinch nutmeg
3 tablespoons unbleached flour
2 puff pastry sheets
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 В°F.
2. Brown meat and onion.
3. Add 3/4 cup of the water, bouillon cubes, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce, pepper, oregano, and nutmeg.
4. Boil and cover for 15 minutes.
5. Blend flour with the remaining 1/4 cup water until it becomes a smooth paste; add to the meat mix.
6. Let cool.
7. Grease a pie dish and line with puff pastry.
8. Add the cooled filling mixture; brush edges of pastry with milk or beaten egg; put the pastry top on; press edges down with a fork.
9. Trim edges and glaze top with milk or beaten egg.
10. Bake in oven for 15 minutes.
11. Reduce heat to 350 В°F and bake for 25 more minutes, or until golden brown.
12. Let cool on cooling rack and serves with wedges .
Potato Wedges w/ Sour Cream + Sweet Chili Sauce
6 large potatoes, parboiled then cut into wedges
paprika, to taste
salt, to taste
oil, for frying
1 Вј cup sweet chilli sauce
Вѕ cup sour cream
1. Sprinkle the wedges with paprika and salt.
2. Heat oil in a wok then carefully fry the wedges in batches until crisp and golden brown.3. Top off a bowl of sweet chili sauce with sour cream, for dipping.