On June 10, 1925 for the first time anywhere in the world a motion picture was projected on the outside of a building (City Hall) in Meadow Grove, Nebraska. The businessmen of the community thought it would be a great idea to draw business into this small Nebraska village and it did. In 1925, this was several years before the Drive-In Theater developed by Holingshead in New Jersey in the early 30's. The original place where these movies were shown is still there and the original arc-light projector is still there. An essay documenting this story has been entered in the, Help Us Tell America's Story in Parade Magazine. The free outdoor movies were discontinued in Meadow Grove, Nebraska in 1967.