How much power does your outdoor movie system actually consume?
If you have an event planned off-grid or want to predict the electrical consumption of your movie under the stars, here’s useful information for your CineBox™ system.
Let’s begin with the most power-hungry item in your outdoor movie setup:
Air Blower power consumption
- 1\4 Horse Power - 280 Watts / hour (Good for our 9’ and 12’ Home screens).
- 1\2 Horse Power - 600 Watts / hour (Good for our 16’ and 20’ Home screens + 12’ Pro and 16’ Pro screens).
- 1 Horse Power - 800 Watts / hour (Good for our 20’ Pro and 20’ Elite screens).
- 1.5 Horse Power - 1000 Watts / hour (Good for our 25’, 30’ and 40’ Elite screens).
Air blower power consumption is not constant. It consumes the most energy when you turn it on. Once fully inflated, it maintains pressure inside your screen. This is the lowest power consumption level compared to the previous two operation phases.
How much power does the projector consume?
LED Laser Projectors are useful but they continue to be expensive.The projector bulb standard is Metal Halide. Here are Metal Halide consumption stats:
- 9 ft Home System - 3000 lumens - 253 Watts / hour.
- 12 ft Home System - 3400 lumens - 330 Watts / hour.
- 16 ft Home System - 3600 lumens - 330 Watts / hour.
- 20 ft Home System - 4800 lumens - 390 Watts / hour.
- 12 ft Pro System - 4800 lumens - 390 Watts / hour.
- 16 ft Pro System - 5000 lumens - 445 Watts / hour.
- 20 ft Pro System - 5500 lumens - 445 Watts / hour.
- 20 ft Elite System - 5500 lumens - 445 Watts / hour.
- 25 ft Elite System - 6000 lumens - 615 Watts / hour.
- 30 ft Elite System - 6000 lumens - 615 Watts / hour.
- 40 ft Elite System - 6500 lumens - 645 Watts / hour.
CineBox™ and speakers - how much power do they together use?
Active / powered speakers are energy-efficient. They use class D amplification. Additionally, your Media Console includes updated electronic components with very moderate power consumption. Open Air Cinema Pro CineBox™ has a power conditioner onboard which stabilizes the electric current from unwanted harmonics.
Both your speaker system and Open Air Cinema Media Console typically consume up to 500 Watt.
Overall, you should reserve around 3kW for your Home Outdoor Movie System, 5kW for Pro and 7kW for Elite. These are peak values. Continuous consumption would be approximately half the peak.