Beaverton, Oregon: Outdoor Movies by the Fountain
Every August movies are shown at Beaverton City Park (located across the street from the Beaverton City Library) on an inflatable movie screen that measures approximately 50 wide by 30 feet tall. This movie series is becoming quite popular, and attendance has reached as much as 1,500 people for one event! This is a free event for the community, with plenty of parking and plenty of seating (Hall Blvd. is closed for this event and the movie is still easy to see and hear from in front of the Library). Additional information regarding the Flicks by the Fountain events to help you plan better for your evening out:
- The fountain at Beaverton City Park will be turned off ALL DAY on the days of the movies
- Pre-movie entertainment will begin at 8 p.m.
- Movies will begin at dusk (depending on the date and the cloud cover, dusk ranges from about 8:10 p.m. to 8:40 p.m.).
- Food and drink will be for sale at the events.
- You may bring your own food and beverages from home.
- The event is free.
- Please leave your pets at home.
- Please leave your alcohol at home.
- Please no smoking allowed.
- Low back chairs and blankets are recommended (elevated chairs and high back chairs will be allowed, but people with these items will be asked to locate in designated areas).
- Convenient parking is located next to the Library and in the parking lot where the Farmers Market is held.
- Convenient restroom facilities are located in the park.
- Weather Conditions: Please note that the event will be cancelled if there is rain or lightning.
- Thank you for your interest in this event. If you have any questions regarding Flicks by the Fountain, please call (503) 526-3706