The 2009 Rosslyn Outdoor Film Festival rewinds to relive the 80s this spring and summer with 19 outdoor movies that celebrate the decade. The I <3 the 80s Rosslyn Outdoor Film Festival celebrates a variety of 80s cinema including adventure, romance, comedy, sci-fi and even fantasy. Highlights include The Breakfast Club, Back to the Future, Dirty Dancing, E.T., Ghostbusters, The Goonies, and many more.
The outdoor movie festival returns to beautiful Gateway Park at Lee Highway near Key Bridge with an even larger outdoor movie screen every Friday night at dusk beginning May 1 and ending September 4. People are encouraged to bring blankets and low chairs to picnic in the park before the show. Show up early for the pre-show 80s-themed games and prizes. The movies play rain or shine, but in extreme weather will be shown at an indoor location for the comfort of our moviegoers.
The I <3 the 80s Rosslyn Outdoor Film Festival builds on the success of the Rosslyn James Bond Film Festival which attracted more than 5,000 attendees during its 16-week run last year," says Cecilia Cassidy, Executive Director of the Rosslyn BID.
The I <3 the 80s Rosslyn Outdoor Film Festival schedule:
- Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure -1989 -May 8 -PG
- Dirty Dancing -1987 -May 15 -PG-13
- 16 Candles -1984 -May 22 -PG
- Blues Brothers -1980 -May 29 -R
- Weird Science -1985 -June 5 -PG-13
- Breakfast Club -1985 -June 12 -R
- Labyrinth -1986 -June 19 -PG
- Footloose -1984 -June 26 -PG
- Top Gun -1986 -July 3 -PG
- Karate Kid -1984 -July 10 -PG
- Back to the Future -1985 -July 17 -PG
- Short Circuit -1986 -July 24 -PG
- Pretty in Pink -1986 -Aug. 7 -PG-13
- Beetlejuice -1988 -Aug. 14 -PG
- Ghostbusters -1984 -Aug. 21 -PG
- Meatballs -1987 -Aug.28 -PG
- Ferris Bueller's Day Off -1986 -Sept. 4 -PG-13
Rosslyn's Continental Restaurant and Synetic Theater return as sponsors offering great prizes during the pre-show fun.
The event is free and open to the public. The screening is just two blocks from the Rosslyn Metro and parking is available across the street from Gateway Park at the Atlantic Parking Garage for $3 at 1901 and 1911 N. Ft. Myer Drive after 6 pm. Enter the garage on N. Moore Street.