Popstar Beyonce and ageing rockers Aerosmith have been confirmed as part of the line-up for entertainment at the inaugural Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on November 1.
The events - collectively known as Yasalam - will also include an open-air cinema on the beach, performances from other international, regional and local artists, including hip-hop star Timbaland, and educational activities to encourage young people to take up a career in F1.
The events will run across the city, from the Corniche and beach to schools, universities, shopping malls, hotels, Abu Dhabi International Airport and Yas Island.
The programme is split into three elements - вЂYasalam Live on the Corniche', вЂYasalam Live across the City', and вЂYasalam Live on Yas Island'.
Flash Entertainment, an Abu Dhabi-based events company, officially launched the entertainment programme yesterday in Abu Dhabi. It includes Beyonce and Aerosmith, who will be among the big names performing exclusively for race-day ticket holders on Yas Island.
John Lickrish, the managing director of Flash, said: Yasalam has been designed to appeal to all ages, backgrounds and nationalities, so whether you're a motorsport fan or not, from the UAE or overseas, there will be lots of exciting things for you to do. And Ossama Khoreibi, the chairman of Flash, added: Yasalam is more than just entertainment - it is a celebration of our diverse and beautiful city and further proof, if any were needed, that Abu Dhabi has arrived as a truly international destination for entertainment and leisure.
вЂYasalam Live across the City' incorporates the The Art of Racing, which will see Emirati and Arabic artists customise replica F1 cars, and Mastering Motorsport, an educational initiative focused on providing students with the chance to learn about careers in the industry.
Yasalam willВ finish with four nights of post-race concerts on Yas Island over the race weekend exclusively for Grand Prix ticket holders. Beyonce will open the concerts on Thursday, October 29,В and Aerosmith will close on the Sunday.
Live on the Corniche
At the heart of Yasalam will be вЂLive on the Corniche' - a free entertainment programme running on Abu Dhabi Corniche from October 16 to November 1 featuring:
* F1 Fan Zone Abu Dhabi will be open daily for two weeks and will feature motorsport-themed entertainment, including simulators, pit stop challenges, special appearances by drivers and live coverage from the Formula 1 Grand Prix in Brazil and the season finale from the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi.
* The Yasalam Brazilian Parade will see school children, performers and a marching band celebrate on the beach before the Brazilian Grand Prix.
* Cinema by the Sea will transform the beach into a giant outdoor cinema for three nights showing car films from modern family hits such as вЂCars' and вЂHerbie Fully Loaded', to classics such as вЂChitty Chitty Bang Bang' and вЂThe Italian Job'.
* Beats on the Beach will offer five nights of free concerts on the beach, featuring local, regional and international artists, including hip-hop star Timbaland.
* Abu Dhabi Galleria: Past and Present will be an exhibition at the Corniche Beach boardwalk showcasing F1 and Abu Dhabi photography through
* An Arabic Culture Weekend will be a celebration of traditional Arabic food, crafts and music on the beach throughout the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix race weekend.